Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 09:32 AM   #24
OverlayHunter

Quote:
Questions for those running W7 64-bit and are able to use Custom PP Generator: (1) what version of Custom PP Generator are using; (2) do you know how vb5db.dll came to be on your system, i.e. what other software have you installed which would have included it?

Continuing, for those with a working PPGen, what is the path where vb5db.dll lives, and, how is it registered in the Windows registry?
I can answer some of the above.

From post 12 in this thread: "I've been using Custom PP Generator Version 2.40 on Windows 7 and Window 8 64 bit laptops with no problem but I only use it to look at and sometimes print the PP's."

I haven't a clue where the vb5db.dll came from but it's dated June 18, 1998.

A search of the hard drive on my Windows 8 laptop shows it residing in 2 locations: (1) Windows\SysWOW64 and (2) Windows\System32.

A search of the hard drive on my Windows 7 laptop shows it also residing in the same 2 locations: (1) Windows\SysWOW64 and (2) Windows\System32.

Dealing with registries is above my pay grade. Haven't a clue, but if you can give me step by step explicit directions, I can try to find that tonight.
OverlayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)