Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 03:38 PM   #124
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
If there were THAT MANY facts, and they were corroborated beyond a reasonable doubt (not by a partisan committee) then there would be no reason for this topic at all. He would already be confirmed or not confirmed.

FACTS would be DNA evidence like we have today, and eye-witnesses who were IN the room where the alleged event took place, which in our modern world would now include smartphone videos and audios of the people involved.

All the statements of people that personally know them is speculation if they were not eye witnesses to the event.

Regardless of how this turns out, it will not ever entirely pass any true FACTS tests.

I keep an open mind about all this right now because I have female grandaughters, neices and such. If one of them came to me 10 or even 20 years from now and shared something that happened to her, I certainly would not say to them "oh shut up...if this actually happened to you, you would have told me about it years ago!"

I am not *sure* how i would advise them to proceed though. These are always very tricky incidences as we all know. I am not sure how I would advise them even before this Kavanaugh debacle happened.

If it were your daughter, how would you advise her? Esp. if she had no DNA proof, etc. like we have today?

I see on this and other forums, mostly politically-motivated responses. I like to discuss things from a "I'm in your shoes" POV.

So for me, regardless of how this turns out, I will never have a slam-dunk certainty about it, what really happened, or if it happened. Good for you if you can.
So if you have reasonable doubt justice demands you don't continue to be accuse the accused of criminal behavior.

BTW my statements about personally knowing them goes to knowing the character of Ford and Kavanaugh, not the facts of the alleged incident.

Facts are established by eyewitnesses, as you stated. The facts as you state is they, the eyewitness said they were not an eyewitness to the party or event happening or that the eyewitness never personally met Kavanough with or without Ford. So you have corroborated fact established by eyewitnesses that this party or gathering never occurred. In other words this party or gathering never took place. You don't have to go into the facts of what took place at a non-existent event.

Without such a party or gathering occurring there is no possibility of Ford being assaulted at a non-existent event.

Justice for all demands Kavanaugh be believed and at the very least he should be shown mercy by the dem members like Ford had been by the repub members.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-30-2018 at 03:49 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.