Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Estate Sale
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 07:13 PM   #10
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
There are lots of "living" estate sales these days, with people doing exactly as you are.
My niece put this on social media along with the hours & conditions. 11am to 4pm-CASH I stayed up till 3 am putting prices on things and putting away things I didn't want to sell. I set the alarm for 8 am, made some coffee, showered & began with the finishing touches. First guy shows up at 9am from a place called Wheaton which is two hours away. I had some pretty nice items up for sale like a mint 1st edition of Uncle Tom's Cabin & a furniture grade ice box from 1900. I also had some stuff, I just wanted to get rid of. Financially it was a good day, but I didn't sell a single good item. All people seemed to be interested in was junk. A beer can, some kid had soldered a handle to brought $10 with no salesmanship. If this is typical, I may be having living estate sales every few months.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)