Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 09:22 AM   #7
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
It sure looked different to me. You had to be watching live though. Impossible to tell from a replay because of the angle of the camera.

Watching live you can see the gate after it gets started moving and it is on the far side of the track. It's unmistakeable.

It definitely wasn't a straight across gate. It had an inner section slanted back, straight right behind the car, then a slanted forward section for the outside.

That's the way it looked to me watching from home on my computer.

Maybe they were experimenting or something. But, sure think they should tell someone?!

The outside were getting great starts. Particularly the #7 in the 1st. Shot to the front with Bartlett and Won at $80! Check the replay if you didn't see it.
I watch a lot of replays at Yonkers, because I do the sharp horses for DRF Harness. Bartlett is the best gate driver in the sport, but the gate was the same. If they still had the other finish line, he never would have won that race from post 7.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)