Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Tax Reform
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 04:13 PM   #198
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian1 View Post
In my state , and most that I am aware of, mortgage insurance is only for people that have put less than 20% down OR put less than 20% and have not yet made enough principle payments to get the principle down to 20% of the cost of the house at the time of the loan.

Once you DO get to that amount, NO BANK will tell you that you do NOT have to pay it anymore, YOU MUST CONTACT THEM and TELL THEM to stop billing you for probably 80.00 -200.00 per month, depending on the cost of the house.

By law, they are required to stop adding mortgage insurance (or PMI) on to your monthly payments when you hit 20% BUT ONLY if you request them to do so.

If you only put 5% down when you bought your house, in about year 10 if you did not pay any principle down since you started owning your house you will be at the 20% mark.

PLEASE check where you stand and be fully aware of this. Otherwise, your banking institution will be more than happy to collect 80.00-200.00 dollars per month from you for the next 20 years past when it should have stopped.

That will come to anywhere from 9,200.00 to 48,000.00 dollars or more, estimated. ( I do not know what you paid for your house)

I will go out on a limb and assume you could do something more with that money than give it away to that fine upstanding banking institution.

If this helps just one person, writing this was well worth doing.

I sure hope that this helps you or anyone that does not know this.
Dammit, I wrote insurance instead of INTEREST. Interest is what I meant. I do not have have PMI as I cam into my loan at much more than 20% LTV and have gained equity since then. I started on the last page when I was catching up on this thread, and wondered why the hell there was bickering about PMI. It sucks to find out that it is my fault Shit. Sorry about that everybody.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)