Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 02:56 PM   #39
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Whew! Here again we're in a discussion about a single factor, EPS. Like the single factor "SR", alone it means very little regarding an individual race. It's in the "combining" with other factors and ratings that it has merit, and in how you filter past performances regarding that EPS calculation.

And finally, it is about, or should be about, long term results, not individual race results. Any factor or rating under the sun can be terribly wrong in individual races.
I am not telling you not to use the EPS in your own calculations, Raybo...you are free to do whatever you want. Red Knave asked me a question, and I am telling him why I don't use that metric.

I use speed ratings because they provide a clue to the puzzle that I can't get by another means. Whatever the EPS can provide, I can find in a more accurate form someplace else. But, as I said, this is strictly my OWN opinion...and I wouldn't presume to enforce it on someone else.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom