Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Lost Treasure
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 04:03 PM   #3
ARAZI91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholly View Post
When he runs Saturday in the BC Turf Sprint, it will be his 3rd race in 19 days (with a cross Atlantic flight thrown in), his 5th race in 28 days (including a flight from Ireland to France & back), his 8th race 94 days.

Is this the way most European trainers train? Is this the norm for Aidan O'Brien? Has he not gotten around to reading Chad Brown's book?

In this race he'll be FT Lasix ON, blinkers OFF, & shedding 13# from two of his last three imposts, 7# from the other. Is this part of some plan or just throwing a pile of shit at a wall and hoping something sticks?
While he does campaign certain horses like this it's certainly not the norm for AOB but i would think compared to US trainers , the Euros would have higher run frequencies. To give some idea around O'Brien i've attached his runners since 2011 broken down by number of runs within 90 days for all runners and also only his Stakes runners along with % of totals etc. Coolmore have expanded that much that this year over half of ALL AOB's runners were in Group/Listed races and because of those numbers i noticed an increase in horses shipped abroad(inc UK) and also multi-entries - the amount of times he ran 3 or more runners in a race this season was his highest ever.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AOB - RUN FREQUENCY.JPG (108.4 KB, 12 views)
ARAZI91 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most