Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Bannon bails
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 09:32 AM   #45
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Yet you support a trade policy that gives more power to the federal government, restricts free trade, puts punitive tariffs on low priced imports, artificially props up narrow sectors of the labor market, and lets the government pick winners and losers in the market.

A trade policy that Trump's own people, during the campaign, stated would increase the cost of living of the average American by 10-15%.
The goal of free trade is for every country to benefit. By country, I mean corporations, consumers, workers, and even governments.

There will always be "some losers" when things change, but on a net basis things should be getting better for everyone.

You can't have successful free trade when every country has wildly different standards of living/income structures, wildly different regulations, wildly different tax rates, wildly different regulations, some governments are subsidizing or protecting industries and markets. If you do, there will be massive winners and losers. In the US, the worker has been a massive loser and to some extent when it comes to tax receipts the government has been a loser (which of course is us also).

I advocate trade policy that will not enrich US corporations at the expense of US workers and then watch those same corporations try to avoid paying taxes in the US on top of it.

I'm calling BS on all the brain washing about free trade we've been subjected to for the last 30-40 years. It's a gigantic lie that has enriched a few and hurt millions.

If you are a US or foreign corporation that wants to do business in the US, the rules have to be relatively equal and fair for both sides, you have to pay taxes in the US, and you should be encouraged to use US citizens as your work force.

If you can't achieve some kind of balance in that negotiation, you can't do business and allow the other side to gut the US of wealth and jobs - even if that mean my personal portfolio will go down and I won't be able to get cheaper goods at Walmart.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)