Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: IT HAS STARTED
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 10:51 PM   #17
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
I'm sure that you are aware that there is a lot more to that tweet than the fact that Russian twitter bots are involved in keeping this story alive.

I'm sure you won't mind if I post a few excerpts from that Business Insider story; remembering of course that the Business Insider is definitely not a left wing organization.

"Rife with factual inaccuracies and referencing highly classified materials that most of Republican Intelligence Committee members were forced to acknowledge they had never read, this is meant only to give Republican House members a distorted view of the FBI, (Democratic Congressman Adam) Schiff continued.

And, I must add, give the American people a deliberately distorted view of the FBI.

A source with knowledge of the memo told Business Insider that it was "a level of irresponsible stupidity that I cannot fathom," adding that it "purposefully misconstrues facts and leaves out important details."

(House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin) Nunes began investigating the Justice Department and FBI after he traveled to the White House to view classified information in March without telling his committee colleagues. There, he viewed classified information that he said showed FISA abuse by Obama administration officials.

Information which was later found to be at best misleading; at worst fabricated.

A source of concern has been why some of Trump's associates who had been caught up in the surveillance and later unmasked, such as Michael Flynn, the former national security adviser, had their names leaked to the press.
But Republican and Democratic congressional aides told reporters in early April — after being briefed on the classified reports — that Obama administration officials did not act inappropriately.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most