Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 02:04 AM   #12
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosky View Post
It's an interesting seam to mine, I was thinking along the lines of a class rating. In chess the calculated points ae awarded to the winning player He will gain more points from a higher ranked player than a lower ranked player.

Taking the example in the spreadsheet with the vet scratch of the five horse (Scorpion Dynasty) leaves the following available points.

Irish Giant - 2
Brunate - 2.9
London Gold - 0.9
Alfie Solomons - 4.7
Road to Success - 4.2
Fotis - 0

The winner was Alfie Solomons so he would get the points from each of the other horses a total of 10.2 added to his rating, each horse would only lose their allotted points from their rating. Obviously as these particular numbers are a power rating none of these calculations are applicable.

The class rating would have to start from scratch with the entire database of all horses so it will have to remain theoretical, a bit like poor old Fotis's chance of winning a race. Since breaking his maiden in July 2019 he has raced 37 times without success in fact its 32 races since he was in the money. If I was rich I would buy him and turn him out into a nice big field.
Thanks. After I finally caught on to what you are doing, I find it very interesting.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)