Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: May 22, 2019
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 12:22 AM   #24
ultracapper

All the money must make up for the embarrassment they must, you would think at least sometimes, feel when watching the shows afterward. What 75 year old man romps around like that in public? I understand these guys, to put it mildly, have a "we don't give a f@#$ what you or anybody else thinks" attitude. But there have to be those moments when one is alone with one's self and he would think "Do I look ridiculous? Am I becoming a joke?".

These guys may have the arrogance and ego to deny that to themselves. They may have that feeling of self importance which makes them immune to that thinking. But there are people out there, millions of them, with adult children, who themselves weren't out of diapers when the Rolling Stones were last relevant, and not even born before they were international superstars. They haven't meant a thing to the rock and roll scene for at least 30 years now. By the time Jagger was done with his 2 album solo career, had read the writing on the wall that even as well as those records sold, he wasn't going to be able to carry it off, it was apparent that the whole pop/rock scene had moved on and would get by quite easily without hearing anything more from the Rolling Stones.

The mid 80s to the present is just Stone fans wanting to pad their "this is how many times I've seen the Stones" count, or those catching up, music fans that had grown up with them but never seen them, and now able to pay high ticket prices for reserved seats in, for Rock n Roll, a basically controlled environment.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the band that gave you Gimme Shelter and Street Fighting Man..............not to mention Star Star and The Cocksucker Blues
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)