Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #20
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Here is the history of Lasix...

People used it illegally not just to stop bleeding, but to get an edge.

Lasix was legalized to help bleeders. Horses actually had to bleed to get it.

More and more states allowed Lasix. As they did, horses that had it were winning a disproportionate share of the races. So, trainers started finding loopholes to get horses certified as bleeders. It came to a head in the BC Classic one year, all the top finishers (5 or 6?) had the L, the others didn't, no exceptions.

More and more horses were being certified as bleeders. It has finally reached the point where nearly every horse begins its career on drugs. Coincidentally, or not, horses are starting less and less.

I have heard the "allow them to run to their best" argument. I disagree. I've got databases full of data that say otherwise. Horses on Lasix have a distinct advantage over those that do not, and a large percentage of them are not bleeding.
you honestly can't understand why horses put on lasix were winning a disproportionate share of races? It's because they were bleeding and the lasix stopped it. It's not that hard to understand. As handicappers you guys should actually applaud the use of lasix because everybody is on the level using it. Especially those that consider or believe it's a PED. You guys complain all the time that handicappers aren't playing on a level field. Now you have one in this regard and your still not happy.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)