Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Mohawk 8-31
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
willphorse

Mohawk 8-31

Race 2
Autumn Seelster 2-1

Faces a weak field. Has a 3rd and 4th against these in 2 starts, but what really shows here is the times. Last out, 1:53.1. The breeding is pretty good, out of Art Major, Damsire is Intrepid Seelster who is out of Camluck. The Dam Alias Seelster never finished out of the money in the Trillium races, and was a Gold Elim Winner in 2005. Alot going for this 2YO.

Race 3
8 Logans Hero

Good form coming in. Not many in here like to win. This 5YO has the speed, and Filion-Moreau combo is 19% in 300 starts, while showing a positive ROI.
This is more of a "Hunch-Bet" than anything.

Race 5
4 Homer Jay

This is a VERY tough race. I have to take a shot at a price here, but its FAR from a Best Bet. I can make a MAJOR case for 5 of these, but I like Homer Jay the best right now. In good form. Won last out vs weaker, and was stuck with post 10 last time at this class. Time before at this class, he finished 2nd. Odds will be there. 1st off claim where trainer claimed for himself, moved him up in class, and put catch-driver up. Looks better than odds will suggest.

Race 6
9 Here We Go Again

Trying to take an upset here. 7 Looks a little out of form, and was really lathering last out. Here We Go Again, was 2nd vs better OPEN Claimers 2 back, and went to CND Claimers last out and won at 2-1. The 7 is the better choice here, but at 2/5 odds, who needs it?

Race 8
6 Seawind Gambler

2 wins in past 3 starts. Slight move up in class here, but the 2 wins were CONVINCINGLY. The reason of the play here is Hudon was the driver of both wins, and gets the call tonight. Won this yr in 1:51.2 at Mohawk. A repeat effort would beat these, and you may get good odds. 7-1 ML.

Tonight is not a BEST BET night at all. There are a few Longshots I have posted. This is BY FAR not my best selections. They are strictly "Small Wager" Selections.

Good Luck
willphorse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement