Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 07:19 AM   #2
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

That's a pretty good message, Mr. Guy. Everybody has become so thoroughly conditioned to the idea that all pols are soulless sell-outs going for the quick buck at the expense of good sound long-term policy, that when someone comes along who can say, "My best interest is in a sustainable, solid economic footing that will continue to create wealth, and it's in your best interests, too," we the voters can hardly process the message.

I've always thought it odd that those who feel strongly that all politicians are crooks are often the strongest for term limits, when it seems to me term limits only shortens the window of opportunity and increases the pressure to make the kinds of devil-deals that set one up for the post-service phase of one's career.

I guess that's not exactly to lambo's original post, but I thought I'd toss that in anyway.

The Clintons' best interest lie in having things in a perpetual mess, having convinced the nation that theirs is the only family in America in the last half-century that has the means and ways to fix things, using expensive speaking engagements as the tool for maintaining the myth.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)