Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 05:26 PM   #16
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Regarding Gary's Tweet:

What if the CHRB wasn't involved until just recently?

What if Miller had been told by Santa Anita he was going to "house ruled" off and rather than risk a damaging press release coming out he decides to say he's leaving of his own volition? It's happened before around the Country.

The CHRB would have no reason to investigate someone who had chosen to walk away for a sabbatical.

Now with his announced intention to return at CD and soon at Los Al and Del Mar. The board looks closer to make sure Miller's affairs are in order. Discover's they are not. Calls for a formal hearing and issues sanctions.

If they are going to bang him for program training. Why would they wait if they had evidence? Unless the misdeeds just began on a larger scale?

While I have NO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE, it seems reasonable Miller began taking an expanded role in day to day operations making it less and less obvious he was sitting out.

The Board acting on info, there are NO secrets at the track, conducted an investigation and issued penalties.

Andy: I know a lot of people knock the CHRB and I agree they've made mistakes.

However, you'll never get me to believe it's corrupt. I have faith in the executive staff, board members and Stewards.

We all know it's thankless to try to regulate a crazy State like Ca. IMO, though some positive strides have been made and we should give them the benefit of the doubt in the coming months. To see if things we're on a better course.

I personally think there's a chance.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most