Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Travers Stakes
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 10:07 AM   #178
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Certainly possible they aren't legit, but the race looked legit to my eyes. Wow Cat in 3rd basically got the same number if you consider she had a poor break and was pretty wide chasing lone speed in her US debut. The 4th finisher matched her figure.

The top 2 in the Travers also basically matched their prior race. I think all the others just didn't show up. Nothing I see watching that race makes me think I underrated the 3 and back finishers.

I tend to go with the clock without overwhelming evidence otherwise.
I haven't looked at the Personal Ensign closely enough to make a final determination but I definitely agree with your methodology in using Wow Cat's trip in calculating her performance.

I agree 100% with your Travers assessment, You are correct in using the top finishers. The rest of the field just did not run their race. It would have been lunacy to include them in your calculations. Even 3rd place Bravazos' number makes sense considering he had to bull his way through traffic according to the chart. I used the same methodology when I made my figures and concentrated on only the top finishers who were in form and considered their trips as well.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most