Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Travers Stakes
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 09:38 AM   #177
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I couldn't justify breaking those races apart personally.

I took a quick look at both sets of figures and it appears you guys have the horses different enough going into those races to come to different conclusions about the track speed changing or not Travers day.

This is the kind of stuff I talk about ad nauseam.

There's a subjective element to the process of making figures that can result in different figure makers interpreting results differently and then those differences spilling over into subsequent races. That's why over the years I slowly moved away from trying to make the most accurate figure I could towards thinking in terms of races being fast, average, or slow for the class and then doing my more comparative class/trip handicapping to separate them.

Those older fillies are good and ran fast but those 3yos colts, not so much. A few points either way isn't going to change my view much.

I'm focusing on who's beating who by how much, their overall accomplishments, what I see, their trips, how horses from lower classes do when they try to take them on etc...

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-31-2018 at 09:47 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most