Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 06:34 PM   #66
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I believe you...but after reading post #60 of this thread, am I forgiven for getting a little queasy in the stomach area? Look...I've been a horseplayer for almost as long as you've been...and I have no delusions about the "realities" of the sport, in front or BEHIND the scenes. It's a cruel sport...and these horses are bred solely as a "money-making mechanisms". But when we see a sorry spectacle such as this, the stark reality of the game slaps us right in the face...and a sour taste forms in our mouth. How could it be otherwise?
I've NEVER seen a horse that was being broke kicked in the balls. It would take a very foolish version of Bruce Lee to attempt such a thing. It could also prove to be very damaging to a young horse that's supposedly being readied for a career at the races.

The great preponderance of people who work with race horse's do so because of a love of the animal. It certainly isn't for glory or monetary gain.

Are there people who cross the line and mistreat the animals? Yes. It happens. But the backstretch has a very strong ethic of self policing and those miscreants are always weeded out very quickly.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most