Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Hal's Hope
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 02:44 PM   #42
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The race was a bit of a train wreck.

Malagacy got off badly and then was bad after making the lead.

Conquest Big E kind of hopped at the start, didn't get into right away, then got checked along the inside trying.

Send it In broke down just as the race was picking up.

Irish War Cry was ridden passively most likely to avoid getting involved with Malagacy.

When Economic Model has the lead turning for home you sort of know the pace had to be slow. I'm glad I didn't get involved because of all the layoffs. I wouldn't have been on the winner if I was forced to make a play.
It has been a pattern lately for Paul Pompas horses he has had two now that have taken a lot of time off or have had a lot of time in between races albeit two different trainers. I was at the track and send it in didn't look one bit on his toes either in the paddock or on the track. Connect was retired to stud after a soft tissue injury. No one ever wants to see a horse breakdown like this one did but I have to question the long layoff and the competitive field they brought him back to run against.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)