Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Colonial Downs
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 12:19 AM   #31
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector
The article (in the Paulick report) mentioned three sites under possible consideration for flats races. Anyone know they might be?
I would imagine the sites would be near major population centers ( where the real estate will be available, but affordable)....Or on or near a major highway or airport.
Virginia is largely rural...Some 75% of the population of the Commonwealth is located within 75 miles of Washington.
The remainder is located in cities and towns stretching along I-81 from Roanoke to Harrisonburg....
With Northeastern VA being the most heavily populated and where most of the Commonwealth's wealth is concentrated, I would imagine a track would be built somewhere between DC and Dulles Airport.
Such a site could tap the DC as well as the northern VA and WV panhandle.
One issue though is the proximity of Charlestown which is only 40 road miles from Dulles.
Of course I could be completely wrong on this one and some horsemen's group may find an investor who would build out near Charlottesville or some other far flung locale.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)