Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Urban Coyotes
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 11:15 PM   #17
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenj View Post
I used to rescue greyhounds. One time I was asked by a rancher's daughter in southwestern Kansas to pick up a couple of her dad's coyote chasing greyhounds because in his words, "All they do is just eat". I hauled them off to a Phoenix greyhound adoption group. Whether true or not, it was explained to me that the rancher drives along in a pickup truck with a "drop box" in the back. When he spots a coyote, he drops the trap door on the box and the greyhounds hit the ground tumbling, get up and chase down the coyote. His daughter says that they are sometimes doing 35 mph when they get dropped. Then he sends in a "kill dog" to dispatch the coyote when they corner him. Pretty brutal.
Something similar is done with hogs where you have chase dogs and tie up dogs. Usually a couple hounds for the first and a Dane or Dogo Argentina for the tie up.

I don't understand the necessity to drop them from a moving truck though.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)