Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 05:11 PM   #40
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I have only been in the low end rooms at the Edgewater a couple times, I would say they are Motel 6 level, and they all smell like they have been smoked in. I had an elderly friend who was a penny slot player and whenever he was comped a room he insisted the room was on him. He was a good guy and wanted to contribute anyway he could so if I got him a steak and lobster dinner, next day's breakfast was the two free Egg Mcmuffins he scored. Like I said the high end comped rooms are very nice, two bedrooms, huge shower, jacuzzi tubs that could hold 4 people, big sofa and love seat, flat screen TV,
kitchen, stocked bar, etc,etc.

If your SWMBO is like my long term girlfriend she probably wouldn't even walk through the Edgewater, last I was there in 2010 nothing about the place other that the high end comped suites were passed low end. My girlfriend (she is a food snob) even said the Hickory Pit was nothing special, the only person I ever took there that wasn't impressed. We didn't stay there just passed through on the way to a Boulder Dam tour. Girlfriend doesn't gamble, and she hates cigarette smoke. That is fine with me, next trip to a gambling establishment I will go solo. I never fared well trying to entertain females when gambling was handy.
Our girlfriends sound identical. Except mine (who hates cigarette smoke with a passion) ignores it completely in Vegas, because unlike yours, she LOVES playing the slots. Big time. She does budget herself to $100 a day, and typically, she's lucky and plays all week on a C note. I go for horseplaying mostly. I'm not much into cards, Roulette is too random, and I don't understand the strategy of Craps enough to play with intelligence. But as a horseplayer, it's no loss to me. I'm there for food, drink, shows and playing the ponies. Nothing more. Although a few years ago during my BUDGET trip to Hooters, they gave me a $10 Roulette play card. I blindly put $10 on something (as a true beginner) and won a few hundred on one spin. I took the winnings and walked away. I'm smart enough to know it was pure beginners luck, and I had no interest in staying and letting the house win it all back.

But when it comes to hotels, SWMBO likes luxury big time. That's why we typically stay a Trump. We always get a luxury suite (usually a corner suite) consisting of three large rooms and two bathrooms with all the perks. I'm surprised she opted for New York New York this trip, but as I said, the rooms actually look very good on paper. I'm anxious to see if they are that nice when we actually get there.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)