Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: West Coast
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 08:13 AM   #7
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
WEST COAST turned out to be a real star. i suspect that after winning The Pegasus, we may see a change of heart from GUNRUNNER team and they will meet up again in Dubai. if they do change their mind i suspect it will be a last minute decision. also, should they change their minds, Dubai will definitely be the very last race.
If they go to the DWC, then they have to give up the 2018 breeding season, so it'd make no sense to retire after the DWC. They may as well run the entire year.

They have stud plans, and surely have already booked mares to him. That's a lot of contracts they'd have to get out of. At $70k, he'll make about $10m in stud fees for the year. I think they count their blessings and retire as planned.

I thought the 3yo finalists for the Eclipse were very weak on accomplishments. It's nice to see that the one they named champion stepped up in this race and made the championship for last year look more deserving.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement