Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Rebel Stakes
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 09:50 PM   #26
storyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
race starts with SOLOMINI.
'His' race is better than anyone here can run. He has flaws. He can be soft on the second turn. He can get stuck on the left lead. However, he can do all that on a hot pace and then somehow not get tired like the others and win the gallop-out.
No value in this guy, and I don't trust him as a 'lock' or near-lock. Still plenty of fun left in the race and a chance to gamble that you can beat him if that's what you want.

COMBATANT is probably the 2nd most likely winner. 4th choice on the ML, so there could be some value. He's not going to run a triple digit Beyer, so he will need SOLOMINI to hang.

CURLIN'S HONOR is my long shot. He's 'too slow', but he stretches out here and hopes to trip-into/inherit contending position. Fundamentally sound, and he has a willing response in the lane.

Not high on or in terms of value, but you have to respect them underneath. MAGNUM MOON has upside, and has a long shot chance of being a Grade 1 type of horse who runs a big race. It's more likely that he will not make an impact. As a fan I want to see him circle the field and draw off.

ZING ZANG is the kind of horse you consider keying on the bottom of a Tri or Superfecta, and building backwards. In a race that could be short on value, he adds another option.
You write the following contradictions - Not high on in terms of value, then - respect underneath, then - has upside, then - has a longshot chance of being a grade 1, then - will not make an impact, finally - as a fan I want to see him circle the field and draw off.

You're a little hard to take serious and I'm being kind. Not once do you give the reader any justification for your random opinions of any horses anywhere in the post.

I suspect after the race you'll boldly type - as a fan I was ecstatic at watching him draw away from the field .

Robert, please tell me you had a few "pops" before you posted

Last edited by storyline; 03-16-2018 at 09:52 PM.
storyline is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)