Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #159
Ian Meyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I'd like to put what you've said here to a test. As it happens, I too have become friendly with someone who is part of a "Whale operation"...and he tells me that these whales are not being charged the breakage that the rest of us bettors are forced to pay. Is this "knowledgeable" friend of mine telling me the TRUTH...or is he lying to me? And, if he is telling me the truth...is this a "fair advantage" for the Whale to have?

None of the teams that I know get back breakage. Can it be negotiated? Maybe if you agree to bet $250 million a year or something in that range. If anyone reading this can bet even 1/10th that amount I can get you some pretty strong rebates.

As far as APIs go, I don't know why they would be considered "dirty." We made them available at PTC (I don't know if they do any more) and at America's ADW when I ran that one. I'm sure a number of ADWs still make them available for you to write to. For everyone? No, there is some cost to maintaining it and it can use up bandwidth so typically the ADWs will set some minimums. That's not unreasonable to me.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom