Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 05:31 PM   #748
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I realize that this audience pretty much hates him and already has him marked down as a high level performance enhancing cheater, but suspension or not if he shows it was Otomax, imo that does less to damage his reputation, the accomplishments of the horse's he has trained, and maybe even the sport than an injection positive would. If I was him and I knew it was an Otomax positive I'd be doing everything in my power to prove that no matter what else was going to happen.
I think his reputation is dead when they take Medina Spirit's number down in the Derby, and that's true whatever they end up doing with his trainer's license. The vast majority of horse racing's stakeholders aren't going to care about the specifics- they are going to care that he tarnished the sport's centerpiece event. (Peter Fuller and Alex Harthill managed to survive their cheating scheme in the 1968 Derby, but that was at a time where the sport's popular face consisted of a lot more than the Triple Crown. Nowadays, it doesn't.)

What he was obviously hoping for was to argue for leniency from the KHRC based on the Otomax argument, and there's no way he would be suing right now (as opposed to suing after a penalty came down) unless it was made clear to him that whatever Otomax excuse he wishes to offer is not going to be considered in determining his punishment.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)