Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 01:01 PM   #353
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
I’ve never understood the logic behind this suspicion. How many races do you have to throw to darken the form enough to raise the odds to the point for the one bet at a substantial amount/risk to make up for all the 10% purse bonuses you lost? Or 100% of the purse if you own the horse?

Add to that negative the risk of losing your owner and the horse through losses that should’ve been wins. Or risking the horse through teaching it to lose, and it could go off form or get injured at any time. Or diminishing the animal’s value.

So it doesn’t make sense to me, certainly not in top races, not in MSW and above. Only at the very bottom, and the guys who play at that level supposedly have few dimes to rub together but they’re master-minding a huge bet?
Whoever said that "logic" prevails in this game? Years ago, it was "logically reasoned" that no acts of drug-cheating would be carried out by the 'elite' members of the training community...because it would make no sense to jeopardize a thriving training career just to make a few extra bucks. Cheating was thought to be taking place only at the "minor tracks"...where the trainers were struggling to put food on the table. Well...reality turned out to be quite a bit different...NO?

Whenever I see a horse in contending position down the stretch, whose jockey isn't on his belly while giving the horse at least a vigorous hand ride...then I harbor dark suspicions about the intentions of the connections of such a horse...regardless of how "illogical" such a plan might seem. And, sadly...I see this scenario play itself out a lot more frequently than it should.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most