Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 03:09 PM   #69
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
What makes sense is to buy an existing house or a lot close to the property. There are two very interesting properties there. One is a 4 bedroom house that is unoccupied right now that is 2.5 miles from the property. The other is a lot that has a house on it that is probably unliveable, but is only 1 mile from the property. I would prefer the lot. Build a house that has a deck facing the river, and then when we sell our property will have a much better value. This is what the view from the deck would be.

It would depend on what unliveable means. It could be cool as a hunting camp and a project. It depends on how much time you have on your hands.
Construction lumber and supplies have come down to about 50% of peak, I think they will eventually go down to where they came from. I am doing a slow home remodel, more like a rebuild. The place was just poorly built, they even recycled termite eaten wood for interior wall studs. I knew that because there was no evidence the termites did their dining here. There were electrical wiring junction boxes with branding on them from a company that ceased to exist in the 50's, the house was built in 1981.

The property was bought for the shop I run my machine shop business from and the 10 heavily wooded acres.

Lots of hunting and target shooting going on around me. This area is very heavily wooded, so a stray shot isn't going very far. My liberal city living girlfriend asks me how I can be totally unbothered by the gunfire. A guy probably 1/2 mile or so away must have a Springfield model 1861 or
similar, that was a .58 cal muzzle loader. You can tell by the loud noise and
a shot every 20-30 seconds. I told her they don't shoot at people here.
The only time he bugs me is the rare time I am talking outside on the cell phone to a customer.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)