Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Phoenix Fire
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 05:13 PM   #13
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post
I don't mean this in a snarky way at all, but can you point me to a turf race in California for this year's crop of colts which wasn't a weak field? I honestly can't remember a single event going back to the 2yo season where I thought a strong field was involved, would like to hear if you have a difference of opinion. The Inscom/Pubilius Syrus matchup back in Sept was notable for the top 2, but nothing much doing behind them.
The 3yo turf division in SoCal is starting to pile up with good prospects. In addition to the aforementioned Pubilius Syrus and Inscom, there is River Boyne who has romped in two straight starts, the Baffert duo of Masked (2 hillside wins) and Heck Yeah (a Cal-bred stakes winner on both turf and dirt), as well as current Derby prospect My Boy Jack (who's best work prior to the sloppy Southwest came on the grass) and Hollendorfer-trained Choo Choo (who has been expirementing up north on the synthetic to modest success). Doug O'Neill has Blended Citizen, who has not tried turf since beating River Boyne in a maiden race and Croissant, who demolished a hillside Cal-bred maiden a couple of weeks ago.

At the national level, they all have a few lengths to find on the Chad Brown runner that crushed at Del Mar in November.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement