Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 01:23 PM   #80
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Given the positive expectation pool and amount of public money, I would say the payoff was disappointing. But that leads back to 2 of the 3 heaviest chalks winning(the 2 that won also made the most sense the other that lost I have no idea why hes was odds on). Had one more of them lost you would have seen a lot more value in the payoff.
I agree.

The 10th race winner FIRST DISTINCTION was a jump-off-the-page single.

A good case could be made that the 9th race winner DREAMING OF JO JO was a single as well (I went 2'A's with a flyer on a 10-1 Navarro long shot).

I'm with you on the favorite of the 11th seeming to be overbet. The Romans horse DANCE RHYTHMS looked strong(and was certainly a CONSENSUS 'A'), but I felt the need to couple with the winner . The had just broke maiden by dropping and wiring the field. Throws some 'unknown' into the mix facing winners with a different trip.

I wouldn't be surprised if I was able to look at the pools, if I saw that (r10)First Distinction in particular, and perhaps (r9)Dreaming of Jo Jo as well, took significantly more Rainbow6 money than (r11)Dance Rhythms. It may have simply been a case where 2 favorites won in a row, the public was ready to hammer an obvious horse with a name trainer, and perhaps even some Rainbow 6 players were beginning to look at a possibility of a very light payout should the 3rd consecutive favorite won. Can only speculate.

Interesting to imagine the payout, had the long shot occurred in the 10th race(or both the 9th and 10th) rather than the 12th. Those would be the opinions/days I would want to target if I expected a huge pool to almost offset the takeout.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)