Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 07:56 AM   #19
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
If food prices went up 20% in a year across the board, half the population would starve, and 25% would lose 15 lbs or more in short order.

Speaking of prices, I just saw a guy buy 4 packs of cigs at probably $15 each .

Just peeled off the cash . This at Rite Aid.
I know Alton. I was just trying to get a small laugh out of people.

But seriously, most especially in the consumer food industry who impose relatively larger price hikes for their products than the generally acknowledged sticker price, so to speak.

Once upon a time, there used to be true pound can of coffee, 16 oz. Over the years that 'pound' can of coffee became 12 oz., then 11.5 oz., and the other day I saw one with 10.5 oz. in there. Scandal alert!

Hershey Chocolate have had numerous re-jiggering in the manufacturing size of their famous candy bar. One year the 'bar' was so thin that it seemed no bigger than a sheet of loose leaf paper.

And on the retail side, the game played is even worse by basically 'forcing' people to buy 3 cans of corn at $3 total, but priced at $1.15 each if the consumer buys just one or two and not the required three.

I know it's no big deal in the wash but these things are done deliberately to extract more money --even if it's just pennies-- out of the hands of the consumer. It does make for fun talk and little else, I understand.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)