Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 07:18 AM   #32
GMB@BP

2/17/18 Risen Star Stakes, 8.5F, Fairgrounds

DRF Chart - http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRaces...=20180217&RN=9

Timeform Figures 1/4-110 1/2-109 3/4-106 Final Fig-118

Analysis - Bronzino - These are the very horses that make betting on the Triple Crown preps so difficult, lightly race well bred from good barns coming off easy lower level wins. Pace was average to slightly slow at the quarter pole. Now I would give this colt some credit because they did fly home going from 106-118, and the early fractions were not slow so my feeling was this should be regarded as a good starting point and this colt may have a future. That being said, perfect 2w trip able to sit with the place horse all the way around the track. In fact look at the entire, ever see a merry go round race for all 9 horses? This race has me skeptical in terms of using it for future handicapping.

Snapper Sinclair: 41-1 horse should never have been those odds coming of a legit effort in the Le Comte as we reviewed. His analysis is the same as Bronzino, except he now has done it twice. I would not be shocked on the stretch out if he is lone speed he can run very well again. This horse seems like a player in this years trail to me.

Noble Indy: Ran ok I suppose but I would have like to see a little more down the stretch given the trip. He is still likely to be overbet in his next race as he was in this one.

Instilled Regard: Bit of a flat effort. My feeling is Hollendorfer may not have cranked him up in this race and his rider may have been a little over confident that he could take the top two, when they quickened, and they did, it was a little to late. I feel like this horse will be better with a mid pack more honest pace. I still view him as a strong contender at this point.

Race Replay

Attached Images
File Type: png RisenStar.png (70.5 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by cj; 02-21-2018 at 09:11 AM.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)