Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: BC Distaff
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 11:43 AM   #51
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!
Ironically, Sadler just won a stakes at Keeneland on Sunday, but your point is well taken. I suppose, too, she had some trip woes in the KY Oaks having to come from well out of it. It wasn't a shocking loss anyways; basically she was a filly who had won a maiden race at Laurel and then shipped West and annihilating everything that was out there.
She was still relatively early in her development at that stage. It's mostly in light of what she's become this year that you look back at that one and wonder what happened.

She had an outside post, was steadied a bit, and wound up way further back early than seems to be her preferred running style. I thought the races developed with more of an outside flow that day, but she lost a TON of ground. I'm pretty sure I used her that day and didn't come away from it thinking she ran poorly.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)