Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 12:58 AM   #10
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
I get the feeling I was not clear enough on my idea. What I want to do is build a data set of the horses the late money falls on. Then build or create a program that will pick the horses most likely to get hit by the late money.

Why not try to use what they are doing for improving my handicapping?

Can it be done, and how?
Some tracks have daily doubles on every race. The probable pays from the top couple favored in the previous race (doesn't matter who won) can be used to make a good estimate of final odds of race in question (second race in double).

Very late in the betting, the odds on most horses correct towards the daily double estimated probables.

Added to this are more people (relatively, since the betting population is declining) are watching warm-ups, horse condition, demeanor, and gate loading to adjust their betting/thinking on this race.

I wish you luck, but I feel many 10/1's that get late bet to 6/1, are actually 6/1's that have not been bet enough before the race.

When building a 'data set', you might find certain stables bet early / late / never on their horses which could help in determining live / dead horses in the race.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most