Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 03:31 PM   #1
headhawg
crusty old guy

Question Good/Bad things about software

One of the things on my bucket list is to develop some kind of commercial software. Originally this was going to be a football or horse racing sim. I realized that the games were beyond my coding capabilities, so I have turned my attention to handicapping software. Handiman got me back into coding when I helped out with Handifast. He inspires and motivates me even more now because he is still punching out code even though his health has not been at its best.

What I am asking for in this thread is a feature or features that you liked (or hated) in software that you have used. This could be anything from what the software does (pace analysis, spot plays, etc.), to features like auto-scratch, batch processing. or PP display, to your likes/dislikes of the user interface. I have used my fair share of programs, and I have also seen other people use software that I did not personally own. Obviously, I haven't seen/used everything. So I am interested in the opinion of the PA community.

I am currently working on a upgrade to the free HHQSS program I released a while ago, and I also have two or three more ideas floating around in my brain. Your responses would go a long way in helping me choose what things to include or exclude. Thanks.

» Advertisement