Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 12:46 AM   #44
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Answer... Fourth paragraph, first sentence... Affirmative.

Trump was elected because he wasn't Hilary Clinton. Simple as that. People like me that voted for him did so while holding our noses. Since the election, he's been the shithole Potus we knew he'd be and the nation has grown tired of his tweets, quick trigger firings, and his ever increasing disgrace to the office by his personality and lack of class.

Obama won only because he ran against a weak candidate plus a scary financial downfall that made anyone that looked like an outsider, appealing. He was a shithole of a candidate... Same for trump. He never was a good candidate. He was fortunate to run against a woman who was corrupt, didn't get her fat ass on a plane to blue Midwest states, and passed out in broad daylight in Manhattan.

Btw, the pubbie might still win this election tonight, it's very close. But trump is killing the Republican Party.
This and more. A lot of voters leaning left didn't bother to vote because Hillary was just too annoying (and was not Obama), the Clintons were just too greedy and toxic, and they thought Trump losing was a no-brainer.

Also, Trump fired up the "alt-right" vote, the "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more" crowd. They took him at his word that he was going to repeal ObamaCare and replace it with something terrific. That he would build a wall and deport 12 million illegals and let the good ones back in. That he would put 45% tariffs on China and bring back hundreds of thousands of American jobs.

I think a lot of those folks didn't vote regularly, and they voted for Trump, and their lives haven't change, and they have gone back to not voting. Especially in special elections they don't know and don't care about.

So we are back to "normal", where special elections are determined by a very small minority of regular, partisan voters.

Will the alt-right voters come back in 2018? I doubt it. In 2020? Depends on how emotional the issues get. Will the Dems put up a charismatic candidate like Obama who will bring out a lot of folks that don't regularly vote? Name one.

» Advertisement