Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 01:54 PM   #10
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
GREAT.

You get hammered with takeout and breakage on each bet.

Or not?
A press release explaining might be nice, so everybody is clear. As of now the only thing I am seeing on google is a tiny blurp from drf and this thread. I assume that this is the fractional betting Ritvo mentioned when he first took over Santa Anita. I am also assuming that the takeout is the same on a .91 cent show bet as it is on a $2.00 show bet. So if a horse pays $2.80 to show, the payoff would be $2.80*(.91/2.00) or $1.274 or $1.27, maybe you lose that extra 4 tenths of a penny, maybe not.

Assuming this is what is happening, it is sort of a nice feature for the small player who is priced out of the pick 4's and pick 5's. Also let's small players/novices focus on the horses they really like rather than dealing with maiden races with 10 first times starters etc. As mentined above by Andy, the round robin feature is a mustl Even if they don't offer the round robin feature, you can eaily do it your self.

eg 4 horse round robin need to hit 2 of 4

parlay 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-3, 2-4, 3-4. 6 parlays total. If you hit 2 legs you hit 1 of 6 parlays, if you hit 3 legs you hit 3 of 6 parlays and if you nail all 4 legs of course you win all 6 parlays.

You can do this anyway you want 2 of 4, 2 of 5, 3 of 5, 3 of 6........Its a fun way of betting, but a lot of work to implement. With parlays it is a piece of cake.

Perhaps I am not to bright, but I like it. If it is proplerly promoted and explained it should drive up handle. Of course if I am wrong about my assumption above, I might have a different viewpoint.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement