Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 08:36 PM   #21
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldee wins View Post
For me it’s constructing a ticket. Especially a pick 6 ticket. I’m sure we all have been in the same situation which horses to keep on the ticket and which horses to toss off the ticket to make it more affordable. I have had 3 pick 6 tickets, on different days that I have made the wrong call. The first one was maybe 25 to 30 years ago. I came home from work and I wanted to play the Travers and they had a big pick six carryover at Delmar. So I had hit Travers for about maybe about $360 I believe,I don’t remember exactly. so I put in a nice sized ticket for the pick six but in order to make the ticket the amount of my winnings I had to toss a horse. So I remember in the fifth race at Delmar. I liked three horses, a little strong on one of them. the eighth Race also had the same scenario. I liked three horses with a little bit of a strong opinion on one of those, so it was a matter of picking a horse keying on one these races. well of I keyed on the wrong race and if I would have reversed it, I would’ve hit the ticket for $255,000. but,I did get five out of six a few times and got almost $10,000 back. Recently last year there was a big jackpot carryover at Gulfstream. I put a ticket together and then the last leg I had four horses and I had to throw one out so I threw out the Christopher Clement first time starter. I was alive with three horses coming to the wire my $42,000 payoff was in front by four lengths, but coming on and beating me By a nose was the horse I tossed out, the first time starter by Christopher Clement. And he ended up paying about 40 something thousand himself. A couple of weeks ago at Aquaduct and I was in the same situation. I bet the pick six and to make the ticket more affordable in the eighth race. It was either key on the one or the six I threw out the six. throwing out the winner again Cost me $32,000. So my biggest problem seems to be always throwing out the winner.
This is an easy problem to fix. The next time you have to make a decision to leave out a horse in order to make your pick-6 ticket more affordable...decide on which horse to eliminate...and then cross out some other horse.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.