Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #90
chiguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Because what we wanted would have grown the game. They are losing jobs because the game isn't growing, especially at brick and mortar facilities where they work.

They would have never recovered if they blindsided Del Mar. Del Mar didn't expect them to threaten a boycott.

Andy, I don't know you and I appreciate your love for the game but sometimes we disagree about what is the best course of action to try and improve it, bring new players in etc. However I have to tell you that the union did not blindside Del Mar. Somebody may be telling you that but the expiration of the union contract was set for the day before Del Mar. That has been known for years, not kidding---- years. The union has been trying to bargain for months regarding the new contract. I don't know the inside story of what the hold ups are but as far as Del Mar goes they did know about it. Del Mar and their management team have always been the absolute best group of folks in racing to deal with. I can tell you that if all the tracks had management like they have there, we would never have an issue with labor.
chiguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)