Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: 2018-19 NBA
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 03:01 PM   #54
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale View Post
There are a lot of voices calling for Fultz to get the hook, which I understand, but Sixers have invested a lot in him, as a #1 pick, so I think they're going to continue to give him minutes for at least another month or so before making a decision. A few things -- he's only 20, and he's only played 25 games in college and 28 games in the NBA, so I think it's difficult to tell how good he might be. The dramatic decline in his game is from his .413 3-pt. shooting in college to .305 now -- is it better NBA D, his changed mechanics, or a 'the yips', as his former shooting coach thought. Who knows? Regardless, Reddick won't get more minutes -- he's already playing 30 min. per game which is what he has averaged for about the last six years -- at age 34, he's also limited. BTW, his shooting has also been horrible so far this year, though should improve.
The 3 point decline could be some of the factors you mentioned but it is an extra 3 feet further. That's a huge difference. This guy was only a 65% free throw shooter in college. It's one thing if you are a 7 footer; he basically took advantage of some poor defense in the Pac 12 and got paid big. Hard to believe seeing guys like Tatum and Mitchell that the Sixers would take Fultz.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most