Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Travers
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 09:17 AM   #12
Immortal6

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee View Post
I have a really strong opinion in this race. Irap. He is the only 3yo that has really improved throughout the year. This horse is old school. He's gotten better because he's raced a lot. I was not a big fan of his in the beginning. He seemed like a big goofball. But if you really watch his last few races, he's really matured. He's changing leads correctly, he's become a more mature horse and not just racing on talent alone. Have any of these other horses gotten better throughout the year?

The wild card is Good Samaritan. I, too, had a Derby future bet on him. His injury early in the year set him back and he could never find the dirt. He's the wild card, but after watching his races this year, I have this feeling that he might be best at a mile and an eighth and not a mile and a quarter.

The other horses in this race don't excite me. McCracken doesn't want to go this far. Always Dreaming has lost his form. I suspect the same about CC. Many of the others are not fast enough or don't want this distance.
Irap's improvement from his lackluster performance in the Sunland Derby to the Bluegrass is what made me a believer. If you look at the horses he has beat in his last two races and what those horses have went on to do after; his resume might be the best of the bunch.
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most