Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Peter Berry
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 12:42 AM   #211
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
LOL - I walk to the end of the grandstand, see the beautiful horse path with white fences along the river, and only then did I remove my camera to take pictures of the horse path in the distance.
Jogged that path this afternoon. Gorgeous view of the river..and a rare angle for me, since I usually stick to the parking- lot side of that white fence. At one time, signs bearing names of great race horses ran the length of the path-Alsab..Bally Ache..Candy Spots (that one now resides in my brother's basement)- alphabetically arranged to mark each parking section.

But despite that area's history, I get more resonant vibes from the indoor paddock, which stands designated an historic landmark. Sometimes when I need a boost, I slip upstairs from my dungeon desk, take a seat in the nearly unchanged paddock, and imagine my dad stand over the railing as the horses circle below. It feels so real. I even wrote about those occasions in a blog entry entitled "the tickets."

That one came out fragile and inwardly focused. A much better and more comprehesive look at the place's history-and I mean long-ago history-was my first blog entry on Mnr's website, "Of Muskets and Movies."

Tx for posting. Your appreciation of the horse path struck a chord.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)