Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 10:54 AM   #3
Inner Dirt

As for the UVA murders one must note the killer, Christopher Jones, was known to school officials, and police, as usual. He also had 3 recent crimes he was convicted of but received suspended sentences.

University officials discovered that Mr. Jones previously had been tried and convicted of a misdemeanor concealed weapons violation in 2021, for which he received a 12-month suspended sentence and a small fine.”

Aren't suspended sentences contingent on a person not getting into any more trouble? If so how come he kept getting them? I believe the weapons violation was the last one, one of the others was reckless driving, I can't remember the 3rd.

Do note once again we have a gun law violation with no time served, why even have gun laws if they aren't enforced?

Also what happened to the good old fashioned fist fight? These were 3 college football players, and an ex teammate, been there done that.
Between that and High School I must have witnessed a dozen fights,
a couple in practice, a few before and after, and one football vs basketball player fight. No one used a weapon of any kind.

None of the fights were over hazing, bullying, or picking on someone, like people get shot for today. It was someone claiming a roommate stole something of theirs, guys fighting over playing time, or the affection of a cheerleader.

Those were the good ole days.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)