Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 01:44 PM   #9845
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
No, I am certain before is before after, and after is after before. You look at yourself as somehow outside the dimension of time, appearing to be separate from cause and effect.

Cause(s) are always-ON THE HUMAN SCALE OF EVENTS-before the effect(s) then generated. On the quantum scale there may be uncertainty of causes and effects.

Do cause and effect work differently in the quantum world?

https://insidetheperimeter.ca/cause-...quantum-world/

What we experience as cause and effect in our everyday world may work in a profoundly different way in the subatomic realm of quantum mechanics, according to new work published by researchers at Perimeter Institute and the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC) at the University of Waterloo.

Uncertainty Principle:
http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/21st_ce...res/lec14.html

The macroscopic world is Newtonian and deterministic for local events (note however that even the macroscopic world suffers from chaos). On the other hand, the microscopic quantum world radical indeterminacy limits any certainty surrounding the unfolding of physical events. Many things in the Newtonian world are unpredictable since we can never obtain all the factors effecting a physical system. But, quantum theory is much more unsettling in that events often happen without cause (e.g. radioactive decay).
If you're so dead-certain, why are you keeping the location of the Present in your "arrow of time" relative to the Past and Future such a big secret? Spit it out. Where is the Present in your "arrow of time" scheme relative to the Past and Future?

And I have a clue for you, Mr. Scientism: Causes on the human scale of events DO NOT always precede effects.

And I'll lay you money on that because I can prove it. Any amount you're willing to lose. I'll be happy to relieve you of some green if it's burning a hole in your pockets.

Also, I'm still waiting on answer to my question yesterday about the Uncertainty Principle. Is this principle absolutely true: Yes or no?

» Advertisement