Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #44
DirtTrack
DirtRoadGamblers

Every Year...

Every year brings the same thing "This is the worst crop of 3 YO's in XX years"
Then years later the same horses are mentioned as great when compared to the current 3 YO crop

So let me see if I got this straight?
Last years crop was terrible but Curlin was Horse of the Year and beat older horses with ease in the worlds 2 largest dirt races while at the same time not winning 2 of the 3 TC races to the so called terrible 3 YO crop (including Belmont loss to the filly)

Of my 20+ years in following the TC the only year I remember not hearing how soft, weak or all out terrible the 3YO crop is was 1989 when Easy Goer was hyped so heavily but even then we still heard that the rest of the crop was weak - maybe someone should have told Sunday Silence he was not worthy

Some mentioned earlier that it is too early in the year to write any of this crop off and I agree.
Big Brown may not win the derby but will be a monster horse once developed and I am sure once several others have passed the prep race game will show their true colors (good or bad)
DirtTrack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.