Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 12:18 AM   #181
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I was impressed by D. Wayne Lukas's argument...where he explained that Justify had the more difficult campaign, because the Triple Crown races were already pre-scheduled...whereas Accelerate's races were plan-as-you-go affairs...where scheduling alterations could easily be made to better suit the horse.

But Lukas then goes on to predict that Justify would have beaten Accelerate in the BC Classic...so he loses whatever credit his prior argument had garnered.
I'm curious as to why you think that? If he stayed healthy and in training I think he'd have beaten him too. I'm not sure he could have beaten the Accelerate we saw in the Pacific Classic, but the one I saw in the Awesome Again and the BC Classic didn't look very good to me, just beating up on some G2/G3 types. He is a solid G1 horse that I think was tailing off.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom