Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 02:40 PM   #9
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
the US dollar has been making some unprecedented moves to the upside in the last few weeks. its probably setting up now for a major fall. my thinking is that the Swiss made their move because they are more afraid of all paper currencies and they are in the business of secure banking.

you rob a bank in Switzerland, you get the death penalty. kill someone, you just get time.
In this once great country, lambo, if you do the same then you become the Treasury Secretary or head of the Federal Reserve. . . or you go back working for Goldman Sachs or Citicorp.

In my opinion, I believe the strength of the US dollar is due more to the weakening world-wide currencies and failing economies than to any strength here. Yes, it is much 'worse' around the world than it is here and that also helped the US dollar rise. Plus there's the whisper on Wall Street of an interest rate hike this summer. Personally, I think that is a ruse, but time will tell.

If there was any real growth here, and not what the phony data and press releases belched by our government and CNBC tell us, interest rates would have risen, QE would have ended and there wouldn't be 94 or so million people not working or not looking for work.

Eventually, and for whatever the reason, a stronger US dollar is still basically and generally very good for the US economy as is lower and steady oil prices.

I also believe that the Swiss Bank's action last week will prove to be the single most important decision ever made by a central bank in a generation.

Time will tell, of course, but I say this year and next will be the most interesting, the most historical, the most important and the most exciting in a very, very, very long time.

(I just wish I was 20 years younger, but then again, don't we all )
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)