Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Past posting
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 02:24 PM   #282
affirmedny

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Kong Kong got plenty of money in the pools. but to me that's all they got. the rebate in this country is no more than 2%. if you have an account with Mark Reed you can get more than 10%. you need a friend in Australia to have an account there these days.
the takeout is brutal, and there is no way you can handicap this with past performances and win.

the racing there is very similar to harness racing where horses run with cover. there are hardly any races where a horse goes gate to wire. when you watch horses making the final turn, you see one rider waiting for another one to swing out so that he can follow him around the turn and swing away from him down the lane. i have no idea how anyone can handicap that. but someone might know it ahead of time. i don't, so its not worth staying up at night to have fun losing at that place.

the way the racing is structured, it is an honor and not a right to own a horse. the trainers only are allowed to have 25 horses in their barn. if they don't maintain a high win percentage standard, they lose their license to train. owners don't pick the horses they buy, they are assigned. so the game there adds up to be an insiders game that i need no part of.

if someone can box 6 horses to bet an exacta and figure it out just by watching the betting boards, i tip my hat to them. i don't see it.
I've had minimal success handicapping there but there are two things I don't care for: two jockeys win 40% of the races and they run maidens against horses with 10 wins.
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)