Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 09:02 AM   #9
groupie doll

The horse I am most curious about in here is Uncle Chuck. His last furlong of the Los Al race was very fast and he beat a horse that is in form and improving. I think he has a huge chance here, but at his likely price there are too many questions for me to put him on top. However, this is Saratoga, and I had similar thoughts about Arrogate initially.
Tiz the Law should win this, but again, Saratoga. Class, speed, brought along perfectly by Tagg. Easily the most likely winner imo.
I also love Max Player, but he's getting talked up quite a bit so may not be as good a price as I was hoping. He's got to move forward, but he doesn't need to improve nearly as much as some of the others, and he's been working fantastically for this. Problem is the pace might be against his running style, but I'm hoping he can sit a little closer than usual since he's been working sharply.
At longer odds I like Caracaro. I think he's got a better chance here vs. Brown's horse that beat him last time. He can sit closer for one thing, but I do think the added distance also won't be an issue. He's got to get better though, but it's likely given his lighter resume. I forward move might see him 2nd or 3rd.
Last horse I want to mention is Shivaree who will probably be overlooked (maybe for good reason), but he is pretty fast early and might be able to hang in there for bit. I don't expect a win, but an on the board finish would not surprise and his presence might actually help some of the others who are stalking/closing

groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)