Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Past posting
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 12:08 AM   #273
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
It's always hilarious that you think you're a secret special insider because you bet 6-horse exacta boxes on Hong Kong's 25% takeout.

And your second paragraph---it's what a whole bunch of us have repeatedly said in this thread---there are people with "sufficient funding" eating up a lot of profits in the pools. It's been the point of many posts, yet you think you're lecturing a bunch of fools who haven't caught on to this basic point. That's why you get so much pushback for your Hong Kong idiocy.
No, you know what’s really “hilarious” is so-called players like yourself who can’t distinguish between a Quinella and an Exacta bet. That’s particularly important when you’re playing a program like HK that ONLY offers the Quinella bet (and not the Exacta). In case you’re interested or wondering why it’s such a lucrative play, the investment is only 1/2 the cost of the Exacta any way you look at it. Because the field sizes consistently average between 12 and 14 entries the payouts are equivalent to the typical Exacta. So why don’t you try and explain why recognizing and seeking value isn’t the MOST important part of this game. DUH!

BTW try putting words into your own mouth instead of someone else’s. Where did you ever come up with the interpretation that I was a “secret special insider”? I’m as much outsider of this game as anyone. But I seem to be much more appreciative regarding the vast amounts of money being wagered by those (unlike you) who have vested interest in this game. I have no problem humbling myself to that reality when it becomes the difference between my personal profit and loss.

If you knew anything at all about the wagering on the HK races you’d bite your tongue when referring to potential profit losses due to heavy betting (last minute or not!).
So here’s a little exercise for you or anyone else that can grasp the concept:
If there’s 7 million dollars in the WIN pool (only) and there are 14 entries and let’s say for shits and giggles (and to make the calculation easier) that every entry had the same amount bet on it. How much money would it take to drop the odds on any one entry even a full point? If you can figure that out you might to try it with a typical real time scenario when each of the 14 entries vary in odds from 2.5/1 to 85/1 and the 8th choice is at 20/1. With the same amount of money in the Win pool how much would it take to knock that choice down to 19/1? (Use whatever odds you would like for the other 11 runners.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)